1. Zombie Anything. (15-20 mins) Zombie-fying can transform an ordinary old costume into a spooky Halloween suit! Purchase any "sexy" costume you can find (Sexy nurse, sexy pirate, sexy maid. You know the drill.) Slip into your costume, then splash fake blood or dark red paint all over it. Powder your face with flour for a pale, dead looking effect. Smear blood-red lipstick across your lips. Draw a few stitches and scars across your face. Use dark eyeshadow to get an intense smoky eye, along with heavy under-eye circles. Don't forget to stumble around and moan like the living dead all night long. There you go, instant sexy-scary!
2. Snooki: (30 mins) Channel your inner "Italian" with this quick, easy, cheesy costume. First things first, bronzer! Bronze your entire face and neck, making sure to keep an even tan. Come to think of it, an un-even tan works too. Glue on a pair of huge false eyelashes, and tease your hair 'till your comb breaks in half! Scan your closet for anything leopard print and throw it on. Add a jar of pickles into the equation, and you're good to go! Snooki isn't the only option, however. Click here for a how-to guide including every Jersey Shore cast member!
3. Masquerade Mistress: (10 mins) This simple costume can be worn by even the worst Halloween procrastinators. Slip on a sexy dress, heels, over-the-top makeup... And add a masquerade mask. Yep, that's it. You can purchase them at any party store for less than five bucks. Easy peasy!
4. Beer/Soda Can: (1-2 hours) This costume will take you a bit longer than the others, but it's well worth it! Find a slinky tube dress, preferably white. Paint your favorite beer or soda's design on the dress, as if it were the actual can. While your dress is drying, cut a can opener tab shape out of thick cardboard. Cover the cardboard shape with tin foil, and use hot glue or double-stick tape to attach it onto a headband. Slip on the dress, put the headband on, add some matching heels or flats and there you go! For added effect, carry around a can of the actual stuff. Being a walking advertisement never felt so good!
5. Wind-Up Doll: (15 mins) This clever costume only requires one easy-to-make prop! Cut out an oversized wind-up doll tab from a piece of cardboard, as seen below. Find a way to attach the tab to your back, and that's all you need! Just don't let anyone wind you up, it might fall off.
6. Peacock: (1-2 hours) An elegant bird makes for an elegant costume. Peacock feathers can be purchased for relatively cheap from any craft or party store. Buy a bunch, hot glue or tape them all together in a fan shape, and stick it on your booty! Anything green, blue, or purple looks amazing. Look at the colors of the peacock feather, and try to channel those colors in the rest of your outfit. Don't forget the killer eyeshadow! Swirly cat-eye designs and bright, colorful eyeshadow make this costume pop. Put your costume together and strut your stuff!
7. Killer Bee. (30 mins) Buy a cheap, cute bumblebee costume from your local party store. To take the ordinary bug ensemble up a few notches, splash fake blood or red paint all over yourself. Make sure to get some violent-looking splatter marks going! Grab the biggest knife your kitchen drawers can offer, and carry it around all night. An axe or any other deadly weapon works just as well. There you have it, a well executed killer bee costume. Buzz around town and see how many people get the joke!
8. Amy Winehouse: (45 mins) I've already showed you a tutorial for creating a beehive, now let's put it to good use! Tease your hair to your heart's content. If you're a blonde, pick up some non-permanent black hairspray at your local drug store in the Halloween section. Use liquid eyeliner to sweep on huge, thick cat eyes. Wear some chunky hoop earrings with a wifebeater, leggings and ballet flats. Have a friend draw some fake marker tattoos on your arms, and you're done! Carrying around an empty bottle of vodka adds authenticity, but people may find it disrespectful since the singer has recently passed. It was okay for everyone to poke fun at her constantly while she was living, but now it's suddenly off limits. Oh, society. I'll never quite understand you!
9. Pin-Up Girl: (30 mins) Time to awaken your ruby red lipstick from hibernation! Get pretty in front of the mirror by sweeping on some red hot lipstick, pink blush, cat-eye liner, and maybe even a drawn-on beauty mark or two. Curl your hair as tight as you can, or just leave the house with your hair in curlers! Scan your closet for any clothes with a hint of retro. Animal print never fails. Pair your outfit with some fishnet tights, classy pumps, and a huge flower in your hair. This costume is the perfect excuse to get all dolled up and get away with it. (Zombie pin-up girls are always a plus, by the way!)
10. Ghost: (5 mins) The king of all crappy costumes, the simplest of the simple suits... You guessed it, a ghost. How creative! Only take this route if you absolutely must. Like, Halloween-party-starts-in-five-minutes must. Take a clean bedsheet, cut out two holes for eyes, and slip it over your head. Boo!