Sunday, May 20, 2012

Summer Bucket List 2012

     Goodbye boring lectures, goodbye cold mornings, goodbye late essay-writing nights, goodbye bitchy history teachers, goodbye early bus rides, goodbye first year of college! YES! That's right folks, my first year of college is officially OVER! The whole damn thing went by in the blink of an eye, and I'm guessing Summer will too... So I figured I'd put together a little Summertime bucket list. (Because ya'll know how much I love lists.)
     This Summer, I absolutely HAVE to...
  • Buy a hat. I've never been a hat-wearing type of girl--baseball caps make me look like trailer trash, beanies make me look like a criminal, and all hats in general make me look like a douche. I want to change that. This Summer, I will buy a fabulous hat & make it work for me! I'm thinking a big, black, Kentucky derby-style floppy hat. Oh yes!

  • Move my booty. I went out today & bought a gym membership for the Summer (it's only free for me during the school semesters!) so maybe that will be a motivating factor--I solemnly swear to get my money's worth outta this freakin' gym! I'm also looking forward to bike riding everywhere I go.

  • Fill my Filofax. I will scan every newspaper for local events, festivals and fairs. Then I will fill my personal organizer to the brim with my findings! I wanna have something fun to do every weekend. I wanna be able to flip open my planner and see all the lovely things to do & places to go.

  • Minimize my wardrobe. My dresser drawers are a living nightmare. I'm building arm muscle over here trying to yank them open and push them closed all the time--due to the fact that they're overflowing with old, unwanted & worn out clothes. I still have my ruby red slippers from playing Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz play... Circa second grade year. It's getting ridiculous & I need to clear this crap out--now!

  • Plan another event. Not too long ago, I planned a BBQ at the park which turned out lovely! This Summer, I'm thinking about having a BBQ part II. Or a picnic? A 4th of July beach party, maybe? Anything works, as long as there's lots of friends & lots of food. Mmm!

  • Get a golden glow! I'm tired of this pale whiteness! I don't wanna be Snow White anymore! Whether it's real or fake (or a little bit of both) I'm definitely planning to go a little darker this Summer.

  • Look for a job. Financial aid money is nice, but it won't last forever. I need to find a way to make my own money and gain experience for the real world. Teenage life, it's been fun... But you gotta do what you gotta do!

  • Get my tattoo. I've probably posted about this a billion times, but I could give a shit less! I'm getting my anchor done in about a month, and it will be glorious! This will be my first visible, in-your-face tattoo so it's kind of a big deal to me. Can't wait.

  • Read. My name is Zoe, and I am a Hunger Games addict. Yes, it's true. (The first step to overcoming your addiction is admitting you have a problem, right?) The first book was absolutely amazing & I've been hooked since page one, so I'm very determined to finish the entire Hunger Games trilogy by the end of Summer!

  • Get a bra fitting. This sounds dumb, but it's been a looooooong time. No need to say much more.

  • Finish organizing, simplifying & decorating my room. A long, long time ago I started a project. I ripped everything off my walls, moved furniture around, took things apart, and... well, lost inspiration. My room is frozen in time. It needs work, and I will most definitely finish it this Summer. When there's clutter in your space, there's clutter in your head!

  • Expand my blog. When I saw how many people from all around the world were viewing my blog on a daily basis, my heart dropped into my stomach. What? People read my blog? People care?! If this many folks take time out of their day to read my measly little blog, I want to give them more. I want to gain more readers, post more entries, cover more ground and spice things up. So ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment