Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween?


     Halloween has always been a holiday favorite of mine. The cheesy ghost movies, the chilly night air, the creative costumes, the glowing Jack-O-Lanterns, and of course, the candy! Halloween night has always had a special spark to it. This year, however, that spark seemed to be non-existent. After searching for Halloween festivities and parties the entire day to no avail, I just gave up and headed home early to pass out candy to kids with my mom. Then, I did some homework and fell asleep. Before 9PM. This is what Halloween is like for a college student? Really? Absolutely nothing was going on, and we barely had any trick-or-treaters. The streets were cold and empty. This Halloween just didn't do it for me. Maybe it's because Halloween was on a Monday this year, maybe it's because I haven't been feeling too good, or maybe it's just because I live in Long Beach. (Not the best place to go door to door with your small children.) I know I can't be the only one! Was Halloween 2011 an epic fail for anyone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment