Sunday, November 13, 2011

I Can Get Philosophical Too...


     Wake up. Shower. Get ready. Drive to work. Drive home. Watch TV. Sleep. Repeat. Excuse me for sounding like a typical teenager, but I strongly believe us humans have poisoned our existence to the point where it contains virtually no meaning anymore. We all know our time here on Earth is limited, but do we really understand that? I mean, we waste a LOT of time. We wake up at the crack of dawn each morning to sit in class for 6 hours a day learning how to calculate and debate and punctuate, then after our 12+ years are up we spend the remainder of our lives either sitting in an office building or doing mindless manual labor for most of our days. After our bodies have become worn and weathered, we "retire" and waste away while our children and grandchildren repeat the same cycle. And the spaces in-between? A good amount of us spend our days staring at a screen and pushing buttons on a keyboard.
     Maybe I've been waking up on the wrong side of the bed lately, or maybe I've just been hitting the bong too hard (Haha, just kiddang!) but these days I find myself questioning everything. Why am I here? What are we all doing? What's the point? I attend all my college classes and complete all my work, but it's almost robotic. I go through day-to-day life getting everything done, but I feel drained and bored. I don't like it. I don't see a point to it. I stare at the clock waiting for class to be over and I count the hours 'till I can leave campus. I get home, get in bed before midnight and wake up to do it all over again. It's starting to make me a bit miserable. School, college, work, die. Am I the only one who sees absolutely no point in anything we do?
     In less than 100 years, I'll be long gone. You'll be long gone. Everyone you know and care about will be a thing of the past, a forgotten set of bones. Whether you choose to accept it or not, we are all going to die. You only have about 80 years on this planet if you're lucky, so what the hell are you doing wasting so much time? Why would you want to spend a single second of your time doing anything other than what you absolutely love? I realize that you must work for what you want in life, but we're taking it too far. People aren't working for what they want anymore, they're working to keep a roof over their head and food on the table. They're working to survive. Life should be hard work, but hard work shouldn't be life.
     I guess what I'm trying to say is that no matter how hard you work, how educated you are, or how many businesses you own, we're all gonna be carried out in a coffin at the end of the day. Think that's depressing? Then you need a reality check, because it's the truth. Take a few minutes out of your busy day and just think about it. How much time have you wasted? Are you going to read this little rant of mine and forget about it after closing the window, or actually take it to heart? Time is dreadfully short, so get out of the daily grind as fast as you can. Do only what's important to you. Stop caring what people think. If you don't like your job, go back to school and study something you love. Don't stress about dropping your iPhone or missing a TV show. Most of all, remember not to take life too seriously... Nobody gets out alive anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment