Thursday, April 5, 2012

On Being a Loner

     It's official--I have become a hermit crab. And I think I actually might like it. Every year there's a looong stretch of days right around March or April in which there is NOTHING to do. No special holidays to look forward to, no exciting weather, no new beginnings or endings, nothing. It's just a "blah" time of year. Due to the extreme shortage of anything fun to do, I've been spending lots of time at home. And... I've kinda been loving it. Wait, what?! Did I really just say that? The girl who can't stay at home for more than 24 hours at a time without going stir crazy is having fun hanging out by herself? Yep, I've finally discovered the joys of spending quality time with me, myself and I.


     I'm all for staying out all night & running around town all day with friends, but lately I've been looking forward to going home at the end of the day. I've been living for that moment of putting my hair in a messy bun, taking off my shoes and getting cozy. Stepping into a steamy hot shower. Taking off my makeup. Not having to worry about my dorky pajamas. Not having to keep anybody entertained. Just me, all by myself, doing whatever the hell I wanna do--whether that's watching the Real Housewives of Orange County, studying for class, reading The Hunger Games, clicking around on Pinterest, cleaning and organizing things, playing with my iPad, cooking & eating yummy food, listening to my music, or taking a cat nap. I love having "me" time nowadays.
     Living your life to the fullest is definitely the way to go, but that doesn't necessarily mean partying 24/7 or staying out every night of the week. It means living your life doing whatever makes you happy, and that means something different for every person. If I wanna spend my Saturday night watching horror movies & eating popcorn with my dog curled up on the couch, that's exactly what I'm going to do! Life is short. Do what makes you happy, and screw the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment