Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Sometimes You Just Need To...

     Sometimes you just need to CHILL. You need time away from all your friends, away from the mountain of school work before you, away from the hustle and bustle of the world. Am I making excuses for myself about not going to class today? Maybe. But am I right? Definitely.
     I work pretty damn hard, if I don't say so myself. I make sure to squeeze my weekly reading in whenever I can & never miss more than a few small assignments. I turn in all my papers on time, attend class and never come in late. Balancing a the crazy social life I've had lately with school isn't too hard, but I still need to take a breather every once in awhile. I will never, ever, ever be a person who lets school and work take over my life. If I don't spend at least a few hours a day relaxing by myself or hanging out with friends, I will go insane. Freedom is something extremely important to me, and once I start feeling trapped it goes straight downhill from there.


     That being said, I decided to take a little break today. I woke up, showered, got all pretty and dressed, filled my purse with today's load, drank a cup of coffee, ate some lucky charms, put on my shoes, and... Drum roll, please... Decided to stay inside. My 11AM class isn't going anywhere, and I can always do the work here at home for today. It's a chilly, cloudy day here in the LBC and I'm not in the mood to go walking around in the cold & waiting at bus stops. I'd rather stay here for a couple extra hours and just chill. Sometimes a little break is all you need to get motivated again!

No comments:

Post a Comment